· We seek to provide an open and friendly learning environment, which values and actively encourages visitors to our school. At the same time we recognise our duty of care to ensure a safe environment for our students and staff, and we recognise our responsibility to protect and preserve our resources against theft, vandalism and misuse.
· To provide a safe and secure environment for our students, staff and resources.
· To establish protocols and procedures that effectively monitors and manages visitors, whilst not compromising the open and inviting nature of our school.
· Whilst we actively encourage an inviting and open school, the safety of our students, staff and resources remain our highest priorities.
· Visitors are defined as all people other than staff members, students, and parents/guardians involved in the task of delivering or collecting children at the start or end of the school day.
· All visitors will be required to report to the administration office prior to undertaking any activity within the school, where they will be required to sign a “Visitors” book and will be assigned a “Visitors” badge which they must wear at all times within the school. Similarly, visitors will be required to report to the administration office at the end of their visit to return their badge and to “sign out” in the Visitors book.
· Visitors will be provided with directions, and will be made aware of any construction works etc that may impact upon their safety or comfort.
· The above mentioned process for managing and monitoring visitors will be regularly published in the school newsletter, and will appear at all school entrances.
· Visitors within the school who have failed to follow this process will be reminded to do so.
· The principal reserves the right, and has the authority to prohibit any potential visitor from entering or remaining within the school, and also has the authority to invite or exclude people from using or being within the school boundaries outside school operating hours.
· The school’s emergency management procedures will ensure that visitors within the school at the time of any emergency or practice drill will be recognised and be appropriately catered for.